Monday, August 11, 2008

School starting soon!

It's that time of year again and so I need to start thinking about what all needs to get done to be ready for it. Clothes to be gotten, supplies to be purchased. Thankfully, we have a bit of supplies left over from last year that the teacher didn't need, so we don't have to buy as much. As for clothes, we usually go to Goodwill on the east side of the river where it seems like they carry more namebrand stuff. It's in an old Fashion Bug store so it even looks nicer.

I am also looking forward to it starting because being in an apartment all summer with a 7 yr old gets aggrevating after awhile. The time while Emma is in school will be nice, quiet, and relaxing. Things will get done easier around the abode and I can actually watch what I want on TV and get a break from Nickelodian, Disney Channel, and Cartoon Network......YAY! With all my time spent at home, though, it gets pretty boring, too. I do volunteer at Emma's school at least once a week and plan on continuing that this year. It is rewarding and I also get to see how Emma gets along in the school environment. I always give my time for school outings and field trips because I want to have fun, too! LOL!

Emma will be going into 2nd grade. She does pretty good with math and the other stuff, but her best subject is reading. Emma is reading at a 3rd grade reading level. Her teacher last year was so proud of her! So were we! We shall see if she excells at any other subject this year. We don't expect her to be great at everything, just try to make an effort. We don't know who her teacher will be this year. Whoever it is will be fine.

1 comment:

Sugarmama said...

Hi there! Just dropping by via Suburban Gorgon. Nice to meetcha!