Monday, September 8, 2008

*Cough, cough, sniff, sniff...*

UGH! I hate being sick. School just started and already Emma has the sniffles and I have a sore throat and stuffy nose. I love kids and their millions of shared germs. The sore throat is the worst. Not very many things can be done about that, especially at night when you are trying to sleep. Sucking on a cough drop and sleeping doesn't mix very well. You either choke on the damn thing, or you wake up the next morning with it stuck to the inside of your cheek leaving a rough/raw spot that just feels wrong.

And why do colds always hit when you have somewhere to go within a few days of getting one? I might have to resort to bathing in orange juice and being hopped up on meds to kick this thing before I have to leave for our church's Women's Retreat this weekend.

1 comment:

Suburban Gorgon said...

I hear you, girl. I have been spewing snot for a week, and finally caved and went to the doc today. Sinus infection - oh joy.