Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My baby is growing up...

*sighs* It makes your heart soar and break, all at the same time. Little ones getting dressed in their best school outfit, with their hair all done perfectly, trotting off down the sidewalk, and entering into the big doors to start their next journey of school.

Emma was soooooo excited for school to start. When we hugged her yesterday she was all atremble, just vibrating with excited energy. She loves school. We are so lucky in that.

I got up about 6am and started water to boil for my cup of tea and then silently crept into Emma's room. She looked to peaceful lying there with the covers to her chin and one of her soft stuffed bears tucked in with her. I kissed her cheek and heard her first deep breath of waking up. I quietly asked her if I needed to tickle her to wake up and she silently nodded her head yes......lol. This is how I usually wake her up on a school day. It starts the day with laughter and sets the mood for a good day. She finally got up and ate her breakfast, which was followed by getting dressed and then brushing her teeth. While Emma was busy doing these things I was able to get some milk and sugar into my tea.....lol. Hair was the final thing to do. Pigtails. She is so cute in pigtails...........

It was 45 degrees out when we got to school. Since she is going into 2nd grade she will be in a different wing of the school and therefor a new entrance. We got out and walked to the doors to wait with all the other new 2nd graders. Emma insisted on carrying all her new school supplies. No help from mommy and daddy. *sniffs* When they let us into the classroom she had already found a desk for herself and was following the directions that her new teacher was telling all the students. It was like we weren't even there. Once things were settled the teacher informed the parents that it was time for them to go so the class could start their first day. She told the kids to give their moms and dads a kiss and hug and to return to their seats. Emma did this and completely dismissed us from her mind. *sniff sniff* The day had begun.

I am typing this as the time draws near to go and pick her up from her first 2nd grade school day. I am excited to hear what all they did, what new friends she made, and what is planned for the school year. I plan on volunteering my time each week in her class. It is very rewarding (and a good way to keep an eye on who she becomes friends with....lol). I have high hopes for this school year. Her reading will continue to soar (she's at a 3rd grade reading level) and hopefully other subjects as well.

So, for now I will bid you "adieu" for now. I have 5 minutes till I need to leave and I still need to wake my hubby up. (When we got back home we layed back down to sleep...........getting up early sucks......LMAO!)

No comments: