Thursday, October 2, 2008

Friends from the past

I had a few friends in high school. Some of them went their seperate ways and some of them stayed in contact. One of them mostly used my mother as the contact since I moved a few times, but my mom was always stationary. The last time I saw this friend was at my 10 year high school reunion (20 yr is in 2012).

Well, one day I was sitting on the couch and the phone rang. When I saw her name on the caller ID I was really surprised. I had only ever got emails from her for the past few years. She was wanting to know if I wanted company for the next few days. I said, "Of course!" She was coming over from the coast leaving her 9 yr old daughter behind (because of school) and bringing her 2 yr old. We figured she could stay with us in our tiny little apartment.

Needless to say, it was interesting to have a 2 yr old running around. Annoying at times, but hey, I'm used to a 7 yr old. The visit was really nice, though. She is the only friend that I feel comfortable talking about ANYTHING to, and she actually listens instead of playing "who's worse off". It will be quite a while till her next visit. I will look forward to that.

No comments: