Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BOO!!!

I absolutely LOVE Halloween! If I could I would have a storage unit FULL of decorations and costumes. Decorating for holidays is one of the things I love to do. It is really hard to pick each year between doing cutesy decorations or doing scary decorations. Last year was the first year of me staying home handing out goodies while my hubby and daughter go out trick-or-treating. I love to see all the little ones come to my door all dressed up and seeing the excitement in their eyes.

We plan on pulling out all the decorations that are boxed up in the back of our closet so we can get to it and decorate, decorate, decorate! There are some really cool neighbors in the apartment next to us and hopefully they like to decorate, too. Maybe we could combine our efforts and do something really cool. We live in single story apartments that have their own yards, pretty much, so it makes it even better.

This year I plan on not handing out candy, but instead, handing out little tubs of Playdough. First, we don't need to have the extra candy that is left over adding to what my daughter brings home. Second, my hubby is Diabetic and doesn't need the temptation.....(he'll still get into Emma's candy, but at least it won't be more than necessary.) And thirdly, kids like to get other stuff besides candy, too.

I hope this year's Halloween will be a fun and safe one for us and for everyone else with little ones. Have a wonderful All Hallow's Eve!!!

1 comment:

Suburban Gorgon said...

I love it too - someday I want to have the kind of yard where I can put a cemetery out at halloween.